Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weary woman over here

Three weeks post surgery and I am still not up to speed. I have been blowing money on things like Udi's bread instead of baking because I just cannot get up and do things. Anyone who has been put under a general knows what I am talking about, I am just too tired to get everything done! So I have been blowing off housework and doing things I enjoy so I don't lose my mind. Do the dishes or go play in the dirt and plant things? Play in the dirt for the win!

And yeah, making lists of housework is a waste of time. If I don't feel like doing it, it's not gonna get done. So now I just set a timer for an hour and bust my butt with whatever comes to mind until it beeps. It is highly effective! Dishes are running, I unfucked the kitchen, laundry has been done, and my living room is vacuumed. If I do it again in the afternoon, my floor might actually get mopped. But now I am tired, so probably not. Stupid appendix...

In other news, my 17 yr old nephew is staying with us while his mom is in the hospital indefinitely.  His sister is a celiac, so he understands but does not participate in the GF lifestyle because the stuff his mother cooks is.... unsatisfying, you could say. But I am not a short order cook, so if he wants gluten-y pasta or bread he has got to provide it himself. We noticed he had not bought himself dinner in a week or so and he responded, " 'cause the stuff Aunt Ursula cooks is actually good!"

I am proud and flattered, but I feel a little sorry for his sister, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment