Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekly Dinner List

One thing I hunt down online all the time are weekly dinner lists. It is helpful for me to see what other people are REALLY fixing their families on a day to day basis, not just the extra beautiful Pintrest-worthy dishes that cost more than I spend on a week of groceries. Then I can pick and choose from half a dozen lists what new meals I want to try. Sometimes they even make it onto our dinner rotation!
Right now, the summer heat has finally died and we are transitioning into our fall menus at last! I LOVE cooler weather meals. Soups simmering all day and meats braising in the oven are two of my favorite things.

This week, we have so far:
  • Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy, mashed potatoes and corn
  • Mom has an event, so the family is indulging in delivery pizza
  • Chicken Stir Fry
  • Beef with Roast Mushrooms, broccoli
  • Chicken Paprikash and Cabbage, rice

There will probably be a taco night or a pasta night in there somewhere, but right now I am too lazy to put it in cyber-stone, and the end of the week really hinges on how stressed I am when the time comes. For the Mushroom Gravy, once upon a time we used cream of mushroom soup. Now, we use Creamy Mushroom Soup from Progresso. It is gluten free, tastier, not condensed, and inexpensive. A perfect substitute!

At your local Wally World

No comments:

Post a Comment